Casa Colonica is situated about 15 minutes walk from the fortified hilltop village of Colmurano, which is itself roughly halfway between Macerata, the provincial capital of Le Marche, and Sarnano.
Colmurano has two bars, a restaurant, post office, chemist, grocers and weekly market.
- 35 minutes from the beaches of the Adriatic Coast
- 20 minutes from Macerata (An important cultural centre, with annual Opera festival)
- 10 minutes from the roman remains of Urbisaglia which are open to the public
- 25 minutes from Sarnano, famed for its thermal baths, colourful piazza and weekly local market
- 55 minutes from Ancona Airport (daily year-round flights with RyanAir from Stanstead)
- 2 hours from Pescara Airport (daily year-round flights with RyanAir from Stanstead)
- 3 hours from Bologna International Airport
- 3.5 hours from Rome